The TI-MINIMAX Ultrasonic Bolt Tension Monitor, is a state of the art instrument designed to measure elongation produced by tightening a threaded fastener. The TI-MINIMAX can accurately measure the elongation of fasteners of virtually any material from 1/2 inch to 10 feet in length. The measurement is achieved by determining the change in the transit time of an ultrasonic shock wave along the length of the fastener as the fastener is tightened. The on-board microcomputer automatically interprets this time measurement to display the time(nanoseconds), elongation, load, stress, or %strain from stretching a fastener.
- The first cost effective ultrasonic solution available on the market.
- Visually compare the unloaded to the loaded waveform.
- Display Options - RF, Rectified, Large Digits with Limits Bar.
- Effectively monitor your bolts during periodic shutdowns over the service life of the fastener.
- Measurement quanities - Time (nanoseconds), Elongation, Load, Stress, and %Strain.
- Display Resolution - 1/8" VGA 240 x 160 pixels.
- Stores 8000 readings and waveforms in multiple groups.
- Built-in Linear regression or vector for optimizing load measurements.
- The Auto Set feature automatically optimizes detection and adjusts display.
- Hi/Lo alarm tolerance limits work in conjunction with the data port and external pump shut-off device.
- IP 65 Rated
|Measuring Range||From 1" to 48" (25.4mm to 122cm) bolts|
|Elongation||Change in length (inches/millimeters)|
|Load||Force load applied (pounds kIP or kN Killonewtons)|
|Stress||Force for unit area stress applied (pounds kPSI or megapascals MPa)|
|Strain %||percentage strain applied (inches per inch or millimeters per millimeter)|
|Resolution||+/- .00001 inches (0.0001 mm)|
|Velocity Range||.0492 to .3936 in/ms
1250 to 9999 meters/sec
Fixed, Single, and Two point zero calibration options.
Select bolt material types from a preset or custom list.
|Units||English & Metric / Fahrenheit & Centigrade|
|Measuring Modes||Pulse-Echo (standard)
Pulse-Echo w/Gate (fine adjust)
|Pulser||Square wave pulser with adjustable pulse width (spike, thin, wide)|
|Receiver||Manual or Auto Set gain control with 40dB range|
|Timing||10 bit 250 MHz digitizer|
|Display Modes||A-Scan - Rectified +/- (half wave view), or RF (full waveform view)|
|Alarm Limits||Set hi and lo tolerances with audible beeper, viewable scan bar, and visual LEDs|
|Data Logger (Internal)||Total of 8,000 readings, multiple bolt groups. Stores both waveform views, nanoseconds, elongation, load, stress, and strain for each reading|
|Memory||16 megabit non-volatile ram|
|Transducer||Single Element (1 to 10 MHz & 1/8" to 1" diameters)|
|Transducer Cable Lenght||10 foot (custom lengths available, inquire)|
|Temperature Probe||for automatic temperature compensation|
|Setup Memory||64 custom user defined setups. Factory setups can also be edited by the user|
|Gate||Gate used to fine adjust where the detection point occurs|
|Auto Set||Locates the detection signal, optimizes the gain setting, and adjusts the overall display to show the waveform and detection point automatically|
|Field Calibration||Vector & linear regression. Includes Factory calibration traceable to national standards|
|Power||Three 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
Typically operates for 150 hours on alkaline and 100 hours on NiCad (charger not included.)
|Dimensions||Width (2.5in/63.5 mm)
Height (6.5 in/165 mm)
Depth (1.24 in/31.5 mm)
|Weight||13.5 ounces (with batteries)|
|Operating Temperature||14 to 140F (-10C to 60C)|